The wait is over: MX v0.18.2 is finally here and we couldn’t be more proud!
From “Secret Sauce” to rebalanced bikes and from rebuilt collision to brand new tyres, this update packs a punch (with plenty of extras).
View the full changelog below and download the fully updated pack here:
We’d absolutely love to hear your thoughts and opinions on our 18.2 release! You can share your thoughts, ideas and other feedback with us through the official Project OEM Discord Forum.
- Implemented “Secret Sauce“ on all bikes. This is an extended version of the previously known “JVDL Fix“ which addresses a bug/error in standard MX Bikes code regarding the connection between player input and what happens on screen. Due to this fix bikes will have a more direct and natural feel. You will also experience less “Pibosoed” and should now be able to ride up and down hill without experiencing weird physics. NOTE: This might take time getting used to as we’ve learned to live with this bug through weird playing styles, habits and settings. These are now a thing of the past and should no longer be required to go fast. Use rider input as you would in real life (counter balance when turning, etc) and you should find yourself breaking all your personal bests in no time!
- Rebalanced all bikes in each category to be more similar in performance while maintaining their unique differences. This should allow far more variety in competitive series, as well as different bikes being able to accommodate different play styles more evenly.
- Rebuild all collisions from ground up for all bikes. This offers a huge benefit in both ground and object collisions as well as player versus player collisions. You should no longer get caught behind collisions. These updated collisions and the sound they produce should now help you to acknowledge when you’re over leaning the bike, as opposed to crashing instantly upon first impact.
- Optimized the suspension of all bikes for better and more realistic behaviour.
- Greatly improved all available tyres. These now provide a more realistic feeling comparable to what can be expected of a rubber compound in terms of grip and handling. You should now be able to initiate and hold powerslides, as opposed to crashing instantly on the slightest slide out.
- Classic 2 strokes have been reintroduced. This means the trusty 1996 CR125/CR250, 1997 CR250, 2003 RM125/RM250 are available in the garage again, with the brand new addition of the 2002 KX125/KX250!
- Electric bikes have been reintroduced. This means the 2018 Alta Redshift MXR is available in the garage again, with the brand new addition of the 2023 Stark Varg!
- New 2024 GasGas model has been introduced. All 4 stroke GasGas’ have been outfitted with full revamp style textures and 2024 graphics.
- New 2024 Yamaha YZF250 has been introduced. All 4 stroke Yamahas have been outfitted with full revamp style textures and 2024 graphics.
- All 4 strokes KTMs have been outfitted with full revamp style textures and 2024 graphics.
- Husqvarna has been outfitted with 2024 graphics.
- Fantic has been outfitted with 2024 graphics.
Available Bikes (51)
We’d like to thank all of your who are involved in making this possible. We honestly couldn’t have done it without your continued support. THANK YOU!
Known Issues –
Fantic 250 4 stroke + 125 & 250 2 strokes missing mudlayers
Stark and 2002 KX 2 stroke models missing mudlayers
PSDs – Certain PSDs haven’t been released yet, namely the 2024 Gasgas and 2002 Kx 2 stroke psds, these psds will be released shortly, we just have a couple final things to finish up with them. Thank you for your patience!
Join the OEM Discord!